The Nairobi Women’s Hospital (NWH) medical teams in accordance to the Government’s directive are working to stay on top of the evolving COVID-19 situation to ensure both excellent patient care as well as family and visitor safety.
Effective 18th March 2020, NWH will be restricting visitors to its Hospitals during this COVID-19 crisis as follows:
- Visitors and patients will be directed into specific entrances where they will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms before entering any of the NWH hospitals.Please know this is to ensure everyone’s safety during this period.
- For outpatient services, one visitor will be allowed to accompany an adult patient and two visitors will be allowed to accompany a sick minor
- Adult inpatients will be allowed only one visitor per visiting session.
- Paediatric inpatients will be allowed two visitors at a time.
- No minors will be allowed to visit in the wards
- The visiting sessions will be limited to 45 minutes.
- There may be additional restrictions based on the patient’s clinical status.
Any visitors who will be permitted to visit should adhere to the following infection control guidelines:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before arriving at the hospital
- Use the hand sanitizers / wash your hands at the entrance to the hospital and throughout the hospital
- Wash your hands thoroughly before leaving the hospital
These measures are intended to provide additional safeguards for our patients, families, visitors and our staff. Preventing avoidable exposure among our work force also is critical to ensure that we can continue to respond to and offer much needed care.
For further enquiries, please contact us on 0709 667 000 or email us on email@example.com